Wander Beauty Beach Balm in Sangria

Wander Beauty is a newish beauty brand that popped up at Sephora since the beginning of the year. When I first saw it, I totally judged it by its cover. 

So... A brand created by a Victoria's Secret Angel (Do I really have to look up her name? Fine. Lindsay Ellingson), inspired by her fabulous life filled with travel (at least it's not wanderlust. Oh wait, that's the name of the foundation...) and comes with glamorous grandma packaging. The selection doesn't look like it would be all that competitive but I managed to get a toy I like enough.

Yup, it's another sheer red tint.
Wander Beauty Beach Balm is a cool red tint for lips and cheek. When I tested it in store, the color (more like packaging) reminds me of Lipstick Queen Medieval and the texture isn't shabby, as in nothing that reminds me of 3-dollar tinted Chapstick. It's cruelty free and claim to be natural and good for your skin but it isn't full fledged natural like Bites.

Ingredients: Bis-diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Diisostearyl Malate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, CI 77491, Phenoxyethanol, CI 15850:1, Mica, CI 42090, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter

The tube is slim and unnecessarily long because the cap covers the lipstick and 40% is empty space. It doesn't fit my lipstick storage and it pokes right out of pocket so I don't get how travel friendly the design really is. One feature I like is the inner plastic lining so it closes securely without scratches.  (After using it for five or six times, the inner sleeve cracked and no longer shut right...) 

Here is the Beach Balm with Opera lip tint (standard length). 
The product itself is a soft glossy balm kind of texture that breaks off the base and  doesn't swirl back (unless you push it down). No scent or taste can be detected.
Sangria is a deep garnet red with loads and loads obvious shimmer that filed the whole thing. Thanks to the very glossy base, it's largely invisible on the lips and cheeks.
Despite the strong blue tone, Sangria looks like a very natural flush on the cheeks. When dabbed on cheeks, it has a slightly dewy finish and a tint that's a little stain-like and long wearing. It reminds me of Tarte cheek stain but easier to control and less sticky.

The flushed tone is natural and makes me look like a villager from northwestern China, aka 村姑...
Bare lips 
On the lips, Sangria is a bright cherry red with a glassy finish. The thick oily balm feels comfortable and nourishing and I do feel it softens the dead skin a bit. 

Overall: If it weren't for the shitty cracked inner tube, the Beach Balm is actually more than decent for the $22 price tag. It works for both lips and cheek (it's just not the most unique or flattering color on me) and I think I will enjoy the dewy finish during winter. 

Comments

  1. This is the lipstick you're talking about! This brand is new to me. Thanks for the introduction. The sheer red with shimmer looks very pretty on you. It would be nice for anytime but especially great for that flushed winter beauty kinda look.

    Happy weekend to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The freebie I got was a boring mauve pink but I like minis so if I got something I need to restock (a shampoo) I buy them with mini code...I want to try their other products but I kind of think the brand won't be mainstream popular...

      Delete
  2. I just tried this exact same thing just a few days ago! Will probably take me a while to get around to photograph and review it though =.=

    By the way, how do you like the Opera Lip Tint? It's sold out everywhere and is quite popular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it (I have only worn the coral red one so far), it's a bit glassy kind of like coffret dor rd212 but softer like a thin lip oil...A Chinese blogger (雯子蚊子on the side bar) mentioned it was like cheap Chicca dupe but I think they are nothing alike, except for the sheer part.

      It still sinks in my lip lines on drier days and I hate that it stains (well I hate everthing that stains)...It's good for its price range I suppose.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you! Commercial links and nameless comments WILL BE removed.